- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees C
- Lay 4 slices of the prosciutto on a board, making it so they overlap slightly.
- Lay 2 sage leaves and 2 pieces of lemon peel on this prosciutto. Stuff another 4 of each into the cavity of the trout. Season the trout well.
- Lay the trout on the prosciutto so that head to tail it crosses all four slices. Roll it tightly in the prosciutto – it should overlap by half. Lay the trout in an oiled baking dish, with the joint where the prosciutto ends facing down.
- Repeat with second trout and remaining ingredients.
- Place the baking dish of wrapped trout into the hot oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until trout is cooked (but moist) and the prosciutto is crispy.
- Meanwhile, cut the ends from the asparagus stalks. Oil and season them, and grill on a BBQ until charred and tender.
- Serve trout and asparagus with a wedge of lemon.